Jack Taylor Super Clubman

Heavy

Retro Guru
Hi All,

After years of wanting but not finding / affording a Jack Taylor, I picked up a 1982 Super Clubman a couple of days ago.

I live about two miles from the Taylor's original shed and about three from the workshop so its very special to have one in my garage.

This bike has been languishing in a garage for long time and isn't in the best condition. It also didn't have wheels or rear derailiur.

The current plan is preserve & use rather than restore.

I'm currently trying to free the stem. :-/

Im not very knowledgeable on road bikes so may need some advice along the way.

My first question is, what rims and hubs is the bike likely to have been supplied with?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210424_135407.jpg
    20210424_135407.jpg
    577.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hi mate. :) Small world and all that. Your Super Clubman is really smart and will be such a nice ride.
You should definitely start a thread in the readers rides section or I can move this post for you and just update it as you go along.
I wouldn't worry too much about patina and rust as here's a link to my readers rides thread and it shows the state mine was in when I rescued it, and now while still missing paint is the nicest sweetest ride I have ridden.
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/jack-taylor-super-clubman-barn-find-small-update-page-11.362850/

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I read your thread yesterday - excellent & very helpful, in particularly in having confidence about paintwork. Cheers.

Back