Internal gears

I have a set of hub braked hub geared 26" sturmey wheels here with grip shifter and a 1" fork for the front hub brake mount but not essential to use it. . Complete with cables and stops etc. Never used by me as my direction changed.....

YOu can have the lot for £50 posted and have a play with as much or as little as you want.

I have a set of hub braked hub geared 26" sturmey wheels here with grip shifter and a 1" fork for the front hub brake mount but not essential to use it. . Complete with cables and stops etc. Never used by me as my direction changed.....

YOu can have the lot for £50 posted and have a play with as much or as little as you want.
Hey mate, sorry for the slow reply. I might be interested but I have some things I need to buy for an upcoming build, so it'll have to wait. I might get in touch sometime and if they're still just gathering dust I'd be happy to put the set to good use.

You still got that set?

I hear Sturmey Archer AW is the 3-speed hub to go for. Apparently "AW" stands for "Actually Works".
Haver one in the shed, hoping to overhaul and use one day.
But what's there to maintain with a rear hanger set-up? Unless you bend the hanger it's plug & play surely? 6x1, 7x1, 8x1, 9x1? Just run a set of 3 chains and bob's your uncle.

I hear Sturmey Archer AW is the 3-speed hub to go for. Apparently "AW" stands for "Actually Works".
Haver one in the shed, hoping to overhaul and use one day.
But what's there to maintain with a rear hanger set-up? Unless you bend the hanger it's plug & play surely? 6x1, 7x1, 8x1, 9x1? Just run a set of 3 chains and bob's your uncle.
Looks less clean, also don't need all the gears. Also my new frame is for hub braked setups

The Nexus 3 speed is also very sturdy. But Sturmey Archer hub brakes are superior to coaster and roller brakes (nexus). This is for the Schwinn? Pretty cool. 3 speed do have big gaps between gears, but on and off hills it might be useful.

The Nexus 3 speed is also very sturdy. But Sturmey Archer hub brakes are superior to coaster and roller brakes (nexus). This is for the Schwinn? Pretty cool. 3 speed do have big gaps between gears, but on and off hills it might be useful.
Yup nexus 3 is a sweet thing I love mine such a lovely sound !
And gear gaps on a sturmey are never quite right however I treat em as a single speed in 2nd that's the gear to get right then 1st and 3rd are underdrive and overdrive!

Back