Intense M! rear brake adaptor

MK 1 i have tried that option,the body of the caliper is two wide to fit between the frame and disc. Shogun its an Xc 4 caliper,ive fitted the front to a pair of boxxers although ive added spacers it works fine

Yeah, because Boxxer is something like +10 with an offset, they're not IS, so on a Boxxer with spacers to take up the lateral difference your XC4 probably fits a Boxxer more or less like an IS brake fits any other fork. Problem is on the rear its IS, so you need to somehow cover that missing 10mm.

Last edited:
I m now on the lookout for a hope caliper or half ,the ones with the adapter as part of the caliper,same as mark ones intense,so if any one out there has one

I m now on the lookout for a hope caliper or half ,the ones with the adapter as part of the caliper,same as mark ones intense,so if any one out there has one
Which number half caliper is it you need? I happen to have a M4 No 8 caliper...

It must have the brake mount incorperated into the caliper an M4 no8 would be ideal,see the previous page on MK ones red intense
Here are some photos of the bit i have, its been lying around in my kit box for about 15 years, not even sure how or when i got it!
IMG_4033.JPG IMG_4035.JPG

Thats the one,although im unsure its serviceable,how much do you want for it
Should be OK, just needs a clean up and probably change the pistons and seals with the ones from the caliper half you will be replacing. I will get the brake clearer to it and see how it comes up. Where are you located, UK i presume? £5 including postage if in the UK? its just been lying around so imnot fussed.

Back