info on old GT? with pics to follow!

tsenior

Retro Newbie
newby here, picked up an old GT frame to build up a bike for pub/light xc duties and out of idle curiosity* was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about it

the only markings are on the inside of the dropouts 7005 on the drive side and 700 and a 3 on the others.

*i would like to renovate it sympathetically which is why i am here :D probably the most important practical question is where do i source a mech hangar for the beast? cheers in advance

hmm it wont let me post pics till i have 5 posts: if i post some random thoughts on this is it bumping so not allowed?

Type 1 2 3 4 5 in seperate posts, You can edit later. I'd be happy too help you with whatever you need. As I'm sure others will be. The first thing too do is figure out what the frame is. Then get you a dropout. Most are good from ebay.

some pics then

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

these forks came with it, also marked GT on the dropouts

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

There is very little paint under the shoddy black finish but what there is looks the same as that onthe fork steerer

DSC03494.jpg

dont know if this helps...

also the frame weighs in at 2300g according to the kitchen scales

am thinking about getting it powder coated and have some bits off a 99 GT avalanch which may fit...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
At best it's an Avalanche.

Material, Tube cap not being flat. Etc..

Not a Zaskar.

I'd see what you can strip off of the top layer and see if you can find any stickering.

it looks like theres just a base coat under the black paint so i'm guessing its been fully stripped at some point.

i was given 99 avalanch (hot green!) which is nice but too small, hence this purchase.

if its a similar vintage hopefully alot of the parts will swap over and i only have to pay for a paint job and some stickers

will get a pick of the hangar locale

Back