Info and advice re sale cost please- old Alan bike?

Thanks. Will get on it once sorted pics. Been having done probs and hard to sort whilst juggling children dogs life!;) xx

Re:

Just to add a little uncertainty, it could equally be a Vitus. Either way an absolutely beautiful frame, looking forward to seeing the photos :cool:

Just trying my downsized photos ... Before I look silly on another part if the forum ;) more to follow if this works!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 246
Hurrah! I feel quite pleased with myself after quite a bit of faffing with various apps on my phone! So now I can upload the right size photos, what I understand I need to do next is:
Post pictures of various pieces of the bike to get some idea of value. (I have been given some guidance on frame cost via a pm but need other bits and bobs looking at) ... On the right part if the forum! ;)
Decide whether it's worth selling in parts (more faff) or as a whole (but I may get less)
Advertise it for sale - could be here on retro bike if an asking price is given?..... And/Or advertise elsewhere.
... Then think about the Kona dirt jump bike I need to sell too (but it isn't retro as such approx 8 years old)!
Thanks for all your help so far! :)

looks exactly as it should ;)
looks like Shimano 105 1055 attached, RD, FD, Brakes, with the cranks I'm not sure - have a different finish... maybe 1050 or something
else. If Headset and mainbearing also is 1050/1055 105 (lets see detail pix) u should also take detail pics of Stem/Bar and Seatpost.

All parts attached are the "Group" if of thame Group. If not it's a mix.
The wheels Hubs could be of the group too, and u should identify the rims/take pics of stickers on the rims.

If you have tools and skills to disassemble and clean the parts, selling separate will earn more money, but it is work. If u have to pay somebody to do it, it will be easier to give it away complete.

And: the frame looks pretty small... could make it interesting for somebody shorter or girl

Looking, it does say 1055 stamped on it in parts. Seat post and handle bars say Dura-ace. My fella was about 5,9". Hopefully my friend can tell me re. Frame size when I next see him... Unless it's something I can do with a tape measure sooner? (Advice welcome?).
See pics! No stopping me now! :) Hope these help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 233
yeah, crankset is 1050, the other stuff 1055 including headset (surface difference, both 105) and Dura Ace stem & Seattube is a bit higher in the ranking than 105. The Mavic MA40 are nice rims, but I can't really tell if tubular or clincher.

2 measurements u will need, frame height and top tube length...

The hubs are still to identify!

Attachments

• Grafik1.jpg
    Grafik1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 227
Back