Info and advice re sale cost please- old Alan bike?

Helen.S.

Dirt Disciple
Hi. Unfortunately my husband died a couple of years ago from cancer but he was, in the past quite into cycling. He had this bike when I first met him (1992 ish) and someone has told me it's an Alan bike (I know very little about bikes and couldn't see any name/make on it other than some shimano bits - not on the frame ). It's a black carbon fibre frame with ? Aluminium bits on it. I'm wanting to sell it as it's no use to me now and it taking up space. I have tried to upload a photo (and will try again) but it says my photo size is too big. Looks in decent condition considering it's age- no obvious cracks or dints! One of my friends fella suggested I post on here - does this sound familiar to anyone and thoughts on price and where to sell?! Thanks in advance :)

Sounds like it could be an Alan pro-Carbon?

file.php

Nice frame, price goes up depending on which bits are fitted, but expect £150 up.

Re:

Thanks for your help! Yes it looks very similar to your picture except that the back triangle is not just aluminium but black too, just with metal at the corners if that makes sense. Where wound the best place to advertise it be? Here? Ebay? And would people just want the frame or the whole bike? The other stuff is:
shimano Durace(written on the seat tube)
Shimano bio pace 52 (written Near Chain set)
Shimano 105 (written on a couple of other places)
Many thanks! :)

Hello Helen!
To identify the stuff attached to the frame:
photograph a total from right side in good light and focused.
Take additional close up pics of Crankset, Rear derailleur, Headset, Hubs
best, Helge

Re:

Thanks, For some reason any pics I've tried to upload haven't worked as it says the file is too large? They are only taken on my iPhone so I'm not sure why this is? :/

because they are what it says. Too big. Reduce them to a size of 1200px max width when landscape before upload (the pic above for example has a width of 1024px). iPhone 5 does 8Mpx, way more then necessary...
u may also can adjust pic size before taking them in camera options menue.

Aha!

Sounds like it's a road bike then?

Alan Carbiono, most likely.

More like this;
51323d1332675214-alan-1.jpg

If you post in the road section, you'll get a better idea of it's value (this is the mountain bike section :))

Oooops! Ok I'll post in the road bike section then. I do actually also have a kona dirt jump bike to sell which is prob about 8 years old so really not falling into any retro category. I think there is a local Facebook group that I can advertise that on.
Yes it is like above but with no writing on it. Just plain black and aluminium. I'll hopefully have sorted my photos by then too! ;)

Back