ID help please: Univega Alpina Pro/Comp?

Re:

My Univega Alpina was fully equipped with high end components ( for the time ) when I got it
with a mix of XT and XTR parts , AMP F1 suspension , USE seat post , Flite saddle etc

After a respray at Argos I lost the details of the exact model number , I seem to remember
there was a decal/sticker on the top tube next to the seat post

The components date to around '91/'92 , the frame has 3 bottle cage mounting positions
and a tubular cable guide around the seat post ( as yours ) the frame no. is 7218983

I guess that this frame was the high end Alpina model , why else would it be so well equipped ?
or were some of the original components changed when it was bought ?

The AMP F1 suspension is more for show than go with a very short travel . When under load
the front brake pivots could be seen twisting outwards before the booster plate was fitted

The bike has given me years of pleasure and is now fitted with the current ( Indian ! ) version
of the German Continental Double Fighter tyres

The beat up saddle came with the bike and is currently being recovered ( more later )

Attachments

• rsz_p1000578.jpg
    rsz_p1000578.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 74
Now that’s a turn up for the books! Thank you - given how close our serial numbers are I’d wager my frame can’t be more than a year (possibly two) behind yours. If nothing else it confirms I’m posting in the right bit of the forum :D

I’ve gone through you photo in detail and can’t see any differences between our two frames, certainly.

Back