I need some advice... Crank pullers.

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Not often I ask for advice, I have only looked at Wiggle so far, I am doing some work on a friends bike Condor with mixed Campagnolo 10 speed, now he has mullered his Record L/H crank, replacement chainset bought from Kingbling. Now lately I have been chewing up crank pullers or one reason or another, so I wanted to buy a new one, Wiggle have one for 3.99 then 18.95 for a park tools. Now I already have a park tools residing at my brothers ( don't really want to ask him to post it, touchy subject.). So I don't really want another park one but don't really trust the cheap one. Does anyone know of any middle ground ones say around a tenner?

Cheers for looking

Mark 😁

I’ve gone through loads as I strip so many bikes. I’ve ended up with a £10 Draper one being the best. First one probably pulled off 200 different cranks until it stripped itself on a particularly stuck set. The replacement new one did the job first time.

All the others I’ve had have last far far less

I have an old cyclo one it's tired worn and slightly bent.flats are completely mullered.....it's was the cheapest about 30 years ago. It's also the one that always works on crank with threads that are about to let go.....🤨...
It's magic....I don't understand....I don't question.

Apologies cyclo.....for it's not a cyclo....it's a lifu....whoever the hell that is.....I still don't question....it's just magic
IMG_20220901_204943_916.jpg
So if you see one of these grab it!

Anyone used a Topeak one I like their tools and SJS have them in stock, They also have a Shimano one for 41.99 that looks suspicously like the Draper one...

Something else that is amusing me is all the tools available now, valve cap removers (What is wrong with pliers?), and my personal favourite tools to remove the tool-less chain joining links...

Back