How to date a Colnago FCI Super Pista?

Evell

Retro Newbie
I hope this isn't too obscure for a first post on the forum! I have a Colnago Super Pista in much loved condition which I ride at the velodrome. The previous owner had no idea of the age. As a pista it has just the FCI frame number which is L413. Is there any way that anyone knows of to decode these FCI numbers? Perhaps they refer to batches sent to specific velodromes in Italy?

This would be interesting as I also have a Pista with low numbers. I mailed Colnago some time ago but unfortunately no reply. I used to ride mine at Calshot. Still great fun.

This would be interesting as I also have a Pista with low numbers. I mailed Colnago some time ago but unfortunately no reply. I used to ride mine at Calshot. Still great fun.
I had the same experience with Colnago. I emailed them and initially they were very friendly. They asked me to send the frame number and some photos. Following this there was no reply!

Any feedback available? Here is a pic of my serial. It says P3.

Attachments

• 20190122_125122.jpg
    20190122_125122.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 7
Interesting that no one seems to know anything about the FCI versions of the pista. If you asked this sort of question about a vintage Colnago road frame I suspect there would be lots of knowledge. Here is a pic of my frame number.

Attachments

• IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1
Back