Wanted Hope bigun hub converter "thingy"

MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
Anyone have the "thingy" to convert a Bigun hub from 20mm thru axle to standard qr? I may have found one in Poland but waiting to hear if post to us is possible.
Any in the UK have one?

These things? I know they are 20mm to QR and think they are Hope. I used them on a Hadley but pretty sure sold to me as Hope no idea which hub they are for though. Got a feeling there is an axle/spacer for the Big un.

45040741-4044-4D80-BFB3-875A9F68952A.jpeg 22675F47-1640-430B-AB8B-E42DDE33F07F.jpeg

is it the top hat end caps (different lengths) that you have and the fat centre section that sits between the 20mm bearings?

The big un QR system is a solid axle. I've yet to come across anything different. The problem would be the end spacers, which are pretty much the same as other solid axle hope spacers only larger.
There should be pics in the Hope timeline thread. I'll take a look

Heres a pic of what one looks like

There is another solid big un axle, pretty identical to the bulb/ etc axles. There will be pics of it somewhere on here. The difference is it is fatter and you can pretty much tell by looking at it that its for the big un hub
hope big un axle.JPG
This info has been discussed multiple times over the years.

The big un QR system is a solid axle. I've yet to come across anything different. The problem would be the end spacers, which are pretty much the same as other solid axle hope spacers only larger.
There should be pics in the Hope timeline thread. I'll take a look

Heres a pic of what one looks like

There is another solid big un axle, pretty identical to the bulb/ etc axles. There will be pics of it somewhere on here. The difference is it is fatter and you can pretty much tell by looking at it that its for the big un hub
View attachment 628917
This info has been discussed multiple times over the years.
Cheers! That looks like the item I have found in Poland so we shall see what turns up. There are of course two different big'un hubs the fatter mk1 and the not quite so fat mk2....
I have both so Hopefully(see what I did there?) I can get something to do the job.

Back