Here’s my 1997 Raleigh Ti MTB

OK-Kazunori:2ok1l26g said:
Thanks I’ll have a really good look for cracks before I hand over the money. I’m thinking 93/94 ish but not got the serial number yet. The blue rectangular decal is what I think it should have. Pics appreciated as I’ll be able to get one made up. Also maybe pics of which decals are on seat tube?

I have had 3 of them and never had any problems with cracks. Never did get on with them though, they were always too stif, great for acceleration, flew, but to harsh for me on long rides compared to other Ti bikes i have rode.

The blue decal is Dyna Tech, but they came with the raleigh heron and the special products ones too. Others on here know more about which is which and timelines so hopefully find out.

Here is a pic of one of mine, sold now and despite the above it was a beautiful bike, so light. This one had a raleigh heron headtube badge same as yours. file.jpg

Last edited:
Super excited to stick a deposit down on this 1997 Ti Raleigh mtb today. I’ve been after this for a couple of years as I also have got the road bike equivalent from the same year.
I have got the 1997 bronze RSP optima tubed Raleigh mtrax which I have slowly been upgrading with lots of M950 XTR and some lovely dark grey Mavic M7CD Energy rims, so all the good parts with make their way onto the Ti now. I’ve never know much about pace forks - they were well out of my price range BITD so it would be great to know a bit more about these ones if anyone is happy to tell me.
I’ll need to take off the decals which aren’t right, brush finish the frame and I’ll have the correct decals made up but if anyone has got the right headbadge for sale I’d be really grateful.
Thanks.

Super excited to stick a deposit down on this 1997 Ti Raleigh mtb today. I’ve been after this for a couple of years as I also have got the road bike equivalent from the same year.
I have got the 1997 bronze RSP optima tubed Raleigh mtrax which I have slowly been upgrading with lots of M950 XTR and some lovely dark grey Mavic M7CD Energy rims, so all the good parts with make their way onto the Ti now. I’ve never know much about pace forks - they were well out of my price range BITD so it would be great to know a bit more about these ones if anyone is happy to tell me.
I’ll need to take off the decals which aren’t right, brush finish the frame and I’ll have the correct decals made up but if anyone has got the right headbadge for sale I’d be really grateful.
Thanks.
I’ve got the bronze Mtrax as well and think the colour and paintwork are amazing. Lovely bike.

I have Optima, Ti and 853 tubed M-TRAX's and like them all! Keep meaning to set them all up the same and then ride back to back around same course but this idea seems to be spending a long time in the planning stage!

Subjectively I'd say the ('99) 853 hits the sweet spot for me at least.

Back