Help with Marin frame numbers please!

Re:

I think I got confused with the welds on the bike on top of yours on the forum. At the very beginning of this forum tread, there’s a code that might fit your bike, check that and what you get against that year’s catalog, sorry I’m of not more help. Good luck

Re:

Out of interest I checked my Bear Valley. The guy I bought it off (an ex-copper) had it from new and said it was '95. According to my frame no. it's a '96.

All, got a Titanium FRS from 93 with the serial number v001. Anyone knows where it might have been produced? Thanks in advance!

stefanolo":3g73qefu said:
All, got a Titanium FRS from 93 with the serial number v001. Anyone knows where it might have been produced? Thanks in advance!

Your post made me read through this entire thread! - sadly I can't help with your query, however the placement of your V001 doesn't sit in the same place as the serial numbers typically do (on the underside of the BB shell), so may relate to your swing arm/rear triangle only?

My non-ti '93 Pine FRS doesn't have a code stamped where yours does, but carries the following on the BB shell;

MT3LA0011

Hi, yes the non Ti are different. Read that the Tis are starting with V and a 3 digit code here today, another guy was wondering. He had 076 or something like that. The Pine of mine looks like this:

Attachments

• FAC62B1C-6B92-42AB-83D3-B25CA17A0260.jpeg
    FAC62B1C-6B92-42AB-83D3-B25CA17A0260.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 139
I’m going to bump this and see if anyone can confirm which model of frame I have. I believe it’s an Indian fire trail due to what seems like butted tubes and an old sticker that was painted over. I couldn’t see any confirmation of the IFT model designation on the thread so thought I’d ask.

FD2CA0200

E68D73CF-26C2-4A2E-9785-9DE506BB8045.jpeg

A0F2B9AD-2D8A-4593-8BAB-E828BE7243EC.jpeg

Looking at the 1992 catalogue this sticker matches the colour of the IFT graphics and painted pieces but as it’s only a sticker I’m reluctant to trust it. The down tube is pretty wide and the tapping test seems to confirm some butting which I don’t think was used on the nail trail of ‘92.

It bears all the right hallmarks of a 95 team, all seems ok.
The serial has been altered somewhat. It should have atleast a 8- digit code beginning with 'F'. It must have been redone at some point. The paint texture is also foreign at the bottom bracket. Its smooth and satin finish by rights where, yours is a shot-peen effect. Maybe a touch up previously.

Hi Marc, all the decals are bang on so i doubt its been shot blasted. To be honest the bottom of bb is real smooth in the eye, my camera is ultra hd and made it appear more textured.

I know its a team marin...Just weird so id thought id post it up

Shot blast, i dont mean the whole frame, just the bb area. Its been altered..? Maybe.
The serial is alien to me in its content and the way its done...the masking runs up the chainstay.

Back