Help me to identify 1998 Bianchi MTB

aates

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

I recently restoring my childhood bicycle which I bought at 1998 with my piggybank. I'm looking to identify its model. I've searched online and found some tips for identifying vintage bikes, but I'm still not sure what model it is. I wanted to check if anyone here has any tips or resources to share.

It came with NTH handlebar grips and NTH handlebar stem on it originally with Altus groupset and steel frame.

Also, I'm wondering if it's worth keeping the original orange model stickers (RCX 222 decals) on the bike. I'm planning a full restoration, including touch up painting on chips and rusted areas, replacing some components, so the stickers are not in great condition. However, I've heard that original stickers can add value but I reckon this model is not worthy as NTH ones sold in the US. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Attachments

• IMG-20230611-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230611-WA0001.jpg
    708.5 KB · Views: 34
Nice frame and let us know how you get on.
Frame wise it's not a race frame (eyelets on the dropouts) and not made with exotic tubing.
I'd leave the original stickers unless you're planning on having it looking factory catalogue fresh!

Latest posts

Back