Help identify vintage MTB possible Dave Yates

Had to sort pic, it was giving me neck ache :LOL:

Attachments

• file.jpg
    file.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 173
Re: Re:

Jamesjames87":1v5c18zm said:
So after some digging on google for Columbus max filet brazed frames and the forum I found this picture in a thread that looks to be the identical frame.

Dave Yates custom 1991 in Columbus Max.

Not bad for £30

Will defiantly look into restoring the frame

That one cost me £0 but has serious issues - got all the parts to build it just need to get the frame back to Mr Yates workshop and repaired

Re:

Very, very nice score and definitely a DY for sure. For what it's worth those forks look more like P2's to me, which wouldn't come as a surprise - many of Dave's frames wore a pair of these.

Out of interest are there any areas where you can scrape the paint back (assuming it's been repainted of course)? It would be great to see if there are any glimpses of the original finish.

Will look for updates on this one. And as others on here would testify, you might want to check for signs of tube corrosion before any refurb... :)

Re:

Thanks I’m quite chuffed with it, being from the north east I’d always wanted a locally built frame.

Took it into work today and gave it a full strip down/re tapped the bottom bracket etc.

Couldn’t seen any signs of the original pain, it looks to have been professionally re sprayed at some point.

Contemplating running a 1 x 10 speed build in a kind of neo retro homage.

Would anyone know what the correct decals would have been on this?

Re: Re:

Jamesjames87":2ia6wobb said:
Thanks I’m quite chuffed with it, being from the north east I’d always wanted a locally built frame.

Took it into work today and gave it a full strip down/re tapped the bottom bracket etc.

Couldn’t seen any signs of the original pain, it looks to have been professionally re sprayed at some point.

Contemplating running a 1 x 10 speed build in a kind of neo retro homage.

Would anyone know what the correct decals would have been on this?

Mine is original and same era what’s your serial number

but drop em an email

Back