Headset parts: compression ring or top cap? Pleeease!

samc

Retro Guru
I'd appreciate some headset parts - karma or possibly even cash! :D

I just need two things really:
(1) the wedge-shaped compression ring that holds the upper race in place:
HD2145.jpg

(2) a top cap!
dc_ahead_top_cap_1_alloy._T_.jpg

Would be awesome, thanks. I used to have loads of spare bits, but had a clear out a few years back. D'oh!

The local bike shops are all like "You can't buy just the bits, you have to get a whole headset". Cheapest one is £30.. :LOL: :LOL:

hi ya samc, right have the exact same black "aheadset" top cap as pictured, the picture of the other part yours looks a bit like a race, i have the wedge shaped centering sleeve and the top race it went with. is it the sleeve you are after

wifey has camera at the moment so cant take a pic

my centreing sleeve is silver not black like the one pictured

let me know

@dan28 - thanks for the offer, looks like Charlieboy has the spares tho.

@Charlieboy28 - brilliant, yes and yours is a much better picture; couldn't for the life of me find one like that; my googling skills are obviously weak! It is the centering sleeve I need, def not a race (which my pic does look a bit like). Colour doesn't matter; black or silver, pink, paisley, puce or glowing beige!

Are you happy to post in return for Christmas goodwill, or can I offer you a Kona racelight straight bar or some old cantis in return?! I've got an old V brake if you fancy one..?

Nice one,
Sam.

nahh send me your addy but i might come back to you about the bar, going to look at a kona today,

tis the season and all that ;) ;)

Charlieboy28":1lau6aui said:
nahh send me your addy but i might come back to you about the bar, going to look at a kona today,

tis the season and all that ;) ;)

Cool and the gang, PM on it's way. :D

samc":2fukhx4j said:
@dan28 - thanks for the offer, looks like Charlieboy has the spares tho.

@Charlieboy28 - brilliant, yes and yours is a much better picture; couldn't for the life of me find one like that; my googling skills are obviously weak! It is the centering sleeve I need, def not a race (which my pic does look a bit like). Colour doesn't matter; black or silver, pink, paisley, puce or glowing beige!

Are you happy to post in return for Christmas goodwill, or can I offer you a Kona racelight straight bar or some old cantis in return?! I've got an old V brake if you fancy one..?

Nice one,
Sam.

sam...if the headset that you have needs the part that youve pictured then the headset that you have is not the type designed for the centering sleeve thingy...you need the part that you had pictured to start with.
mongoose/newer gt's and even carrera's have the same headset ;)

Back