GT Lightning -97 project with anodized graphics

Dami

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi!

Most of my projects include finding some cheap and crappy individuals with some potential and bringing them back to life as well as I can. This though is something totally different!

I ran into this beat up Lightning frame here in Finland and got it with a good price. Due to the marks and scratches on the bead blasted finish I decided to turn it into brushed look. Got a roll of kind of scotch brite with 360 grit and went through the frame with it. Then based on the original decals drew new ones to act as outside lines for anodization. Built some simple home style voltage adjustable anodization equipment and went for it. Just today finished the anodization and this is how it turned up! Looks totally different in sunlight but that’s quite rare here in Finland :)

p5pb17771898.jpg

p5pb17771897.jpg

p5pb17771894.jpg

p5pb17771900.jpg

p5pb17771896.jpg

p5pb17771893.jpg

Still have to build the wheels and gather some more components, so still a long way to go until it’s finished, but most of the elbow grease is now behind me!

-Turkka

Re:

That’s cool for sure. Admire the ability to try your own anodising on a nice frame too.

Didn’t want to go for some expensive power unit so got six 9V batteries and a cheap voltage/current modulator that allowed me to adjust the voltage between 0-50V. There’s a lot of good advices on this on the web but all of them were with only batteries (hard to adjust voltage) or with those expensive dc power units. So just tried to find a good combination of both.

p3pb17775419.jpg

p3pb17775418.jpg

-Turkka

Back