Gripshift SRT600 servicing

Is it the installations you need?
Other than getting the spring the correct way around, they are quite simple.
But I'll see if I have them.

Hi, there is six images in the start of this thread. They are dead now. It's the 6 that form the original instruction sheet I'm after

Cheers!

Rich

well, BITD i used jonnisnot to lube them, it is a grease that does not attack the plastics, and was the officially reccomended stuff. not sure if its still available, though google seems to suggest finish line and others produce the similar appropriate grease for gripshifters.

cables replacing is kind of straight forward, you undo the cover that is held on by a single phillips head screw, and slide the twisting lever off the main body. the cable once inserted into the retention and threaded out through the barrel, needs to have a loop introduced to it, and then set into the groove of the shifter. hard to explain in words.

mentally think of twisting the cable between your thumb and forefinger, so it loops over itself once. you then set it in the groove.

push the body back on the mounting, and put the cover plate back on and do the screw up.

pretty easy.

terrible shifters though.i loathed them with a passion, and went back to rapidfire quick smart :)

good luck!
and im the opposite, i loved them and still have them on my MTB roadified tourer. Hated those shimano shifters that had a preset front mech set up where the chain rubbed one side or the other depending what gear you were in at the back

Back