Great early MTB Brands that are not what they used to be...

Re:

Died ? Brant then bought the name and well, seen nothing off them, was suppose to end up like Nuke Proof but with a rain more to its name image. I guess him moving back to On-one has taken over?

It'll be somewhere on shedfire, I'll warn you don't start reading there as well it may take a while to stop reading. Www.shedfire.com. he's as retro as us.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":gpq9esmk said:
Died ? Brant then bought the name and well, seen nothing off them, was suppose to end up like Nuke Proof but with a rain more to its name image. I guess him moving back to On-one has taken over?

It'll be somewhere on shedfire, I'll warn you don't start reading there as well it may take a while to stop reading. http://Www.shedfire.com. he's as retro as us.

What have they done to Holdsworth too...?

What was the other defunct American Brand name they bought, I forget..? They started but have not seemed to have done anything with it...?

Re:

Vitus?
I think they just resell some of them and use them as an american base for planetX and on-one.

Just been reading shedfire (his blog) and he's started yet another company, though it looks interesting pactbijes, just click on the nostalgic BBC bit.
Www.pactbikes.com
Custom oddball Titanium anyone?

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":tksq1gtc said:
Vitus?
I think they just resell some of them and use them as an american base for planetX and on-one.

Just been reading shedfire (his blog) and he's started yet another company, though it looks interesting pactbijes, just click on the nostalgic BBC bit.
http://Www.pactbikes.com
Custom oddball Titanium anyone?

No it wasn't Vitus I was thinking off, the last American frame I remember built by the original company was Ti, with Carbon sections in the frame, the name I forget.

The frame I remember seeing since being re-introduced was a full suspension, top tube looking like an X. My minds gone a complete blank.

Im not sure if he had a hand in it mind, but I was intrigued by the Titus Exogrid, I think one of the last designs before going under, and On-One buying it.

Certainly all the offerings so far, seem to be very much like stuff you can go and buy direct from the far east, all be it, perhaps moderately tweeked. Happy to stand corrected on this mind.

It just seems to have been something with great potential, that has gone no where...?

Attachments

• cadre.jpg
    cadre.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 206
Back