Funk A.S.F; another unicorn…

Phew! It’s not his. Now you have to wonder why the ASF population is so high in Indonesia?

Last edited:
This one is in Bandung. I had a chat with the owner yesterday and he only wants to sell it as a complete bike. Shipping costs would be crazy as I only want the frame and annoyingly it looks like a "small" as well.

Last edited:
This one is in Bandung. I had a chat with the owner yesterday and he only wants to sell it as a complete bike. Shipping costs would be crazy as I only want the frame and annoyingly it looks like a "small" as well.
well what an anticlimax after reading the whole thread :(
bad luck dude !

I had another conversation with the owner of the yellow ASF this morning and they told me that Bino Asia; which if you've been following all this, you'll remember was the Funk distributer had gone out of business in 2000 and they'd bought the dead stock. They have this bike and two NOS Pro Comps left from the deal and apparently the yellow/red paint is original... yuk.🤮
IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0247.jpg

Last edited:
Get ready as the second act is about to start...

Ristonesia and I couldn't make a deal but I managed to secure the yellow one:D. A deposit has been transferred and depending on the vagaries of the modern finance system, it should be with them next week. Next step is to get the cost for a courier to take it from Bandung to Jakarta and then I can settle the balance.
7C25B86A-CD59-4397-BC38-BCD2DBCA3DBC.jpeg

Last edited:
In the meantime Daryl got back to me with the following;

"I think ASF was just a good sounding (at the time) series of letter, much like Suzuki GSX or Honda CBX".

A bit disappointing but there you go...

Back