Fulfilling The Dream (1992 Scott Super Evolution)

yakboy":2j154p37 said:
WimVDD":2j154p37 said:
Nice build. I hope to find some of that neoprene bar cover for my (naked) AT-2 bars.
Keep checking eBay. That's where I found mine. You can still get yellow AT4 grips on ebay at the moment

thanks!

Re:

The Scott was well and truly christened yesterday on our family ride around the Castle Howard loop. A few niggles to sort out and I forgot how rubbish first generation SIS shifters were and why I changed to Thumbies within weeks of buying my first Scott :roll:

50005680391_2281342a1d_c.jpg

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but let's try!

Before I take out the metal saw ... anyone has a clue how to remove the brake levers from this Scott bar?? This is starting to drive me mad, there is absolutely no room for the levers to go through the curvy section ...

1G9w6Zf.jpg

Remove the clamp bolt completely then use a large flat bladed screwdriver to prise open the clamp tabs (carefully), them wiggle the levers around the curve of the bars to get them off...It will still be a pig of a job if you want to keep the paint intact🙄
Strangely enough I was putting some levers onto a pair of AT-2 bars this morning for a different project and these bars are not NOS like the one's on the Super EVO and will be covered in bar tape, so not quite so nerve wracking 😱

@yakboy thanks, I have tried exactly that but there is absolutely no chance ... I'm afraid I will have to expedite this 😖

The real question is: how the hell did they initially fit in the levers without scratching the bars?

The real question is: how the hell did they initially fit in the levers without scratching the bars?
Lots of grease?? Yep, I agree it's a P.I.T.A but I have the same levers and have managed to get them off and on, I think I did use some Vaseline if I remember rightly

Like said above, they will come off, just patience and you shouldnt have to force them.

They will come off definitely, as said ... Prize.... Force..... Lose a bit of paint on the bars, but they will come off

Finally made it, with grease and force ... Again, I really wonder how they could fit the levers in first place, without damaging the bars. Here's how it looks like now:

J43wLo8.jpg

3tL4T2c.jpg

8XnuHOx.jpg

Back