Framebuilders Facebook page!

Duxuk

Retro Guru
I was perusing Facebook earlier and a link to this page popped up
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Framebuilders/
Having recently completed a linkage fork which, though a little heavy, is working very well, I feel myself in danger of sliding down the slippery slope towards building a full bike. Is anyone involved in this page?
dscf6890.jpg

I've signed up to the page to get access and will post again if I find something relevant or interesting. Whilst a newly built frame may not be retro, it's likely to have a retro spirit.

I'm also a member of the group.

It's a good resource though be prepared to have anything you ask answered with "You need to spend £____ buying a ______." by at least 3 or 4 people.

You posted that fork on the group didn't you? I love it and meant to ask more about it , do you have any photos of the full thing? And details of how you did the pivots, like, are they just bushings or do you have bearings in there?

There are no bearings in my fork. I just made replaceable bushes from steel tubes, the top bushes are mounted in nylon. It's not as if I'll ride it thousands of times so wear is not a big concern.
5715fec1-2200-4cd4-8545-d8b40981b536.jpeg

dscf6896.jpg

dad322e9-bb01-4136-8347-523f2aaef165.jpeg

In terms of framebuilding, I'd like to do a carbon fibre full supension. VPP at the rear and linkage front.

Back