Frame Repair Recommendations Edinburgh, the Lothians & Fife

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
Good afternoon

I have a frame in need of rear alignment and cold setting and am looking for a suitable expert to do it.

I seem to recall many years ago Eastside Bikes were recommended are they still a prefered option - I seem to recall their framework is now outsourced? Internet research shows (too) many choices from Velow in Portobello to Dave's Bike Shed in Fife!

Does anyone have any firm recommendations please? Happy to travel if needed when Covid restrictions allow.

Many thanks

Re:

Frame alignment and cold setting just need a knowledgeable mechanic and the right tools. I know there are several mechanics who know their stuff and have the tools in the Bike Station in Causeway side, Edinburgh. I also know East Side Bikes at Meadowbank are pretty good for most stuff frame related so all you can do is ask.
You could do it yourself of course, the late great Sheldon Brown has a helpful page on the how to's of the matter ;)

Excellent - Thank you very much indeed for the recommendations.

It would appear that the Bike Station is only doing small repairs at present so it looks like it will be Eastside Bikes.

Back