Frame protection options

Fair points. It's just to keep it looking good for a while, I intend to use this one properly, it will get muddy. It's something that if I do use it a lot, I may upgrade the frame at some point. It started off as a cheap ish modern standards build but since buying the frame and wheels, everything else I've bought has been fairly top end.

bubblewrap + gaffer tape
Umm zip ties for the belt and braces approach?

I did invisiframe frame kit myself and it’s not perfect, obviously (chimp at work) but it’s reasonable in terms of cost and whilst I don’t abuse the frame, I have some comfort that the bike is safe from those annoying scratches that could of been avoided.

That's not a bad option. Though I think Armageddon may start if I used on on the intended frame as it says "kit is only designed to be fitted to the 2020-2022 Alloy Reactor models"

What happens if I step outside of the lines? ;)
It was an example, and its only down to frame shape as I dont know the shapes on the frame you're looking to put it on . So with the others in the nukeproof range, just look for the frame style it fits compared with your own. So wide top tube, or round, remembering if something is too wide, say on the stays, just cut what you need with a fresh blade* craft knife.
*It will be harder to cut I would think so a new blade prevents injuries**.

** Im pro hse at the mo. Nephew showed me a pic of his friends leg after a close encounter with a stump grinder, which has left me very keen on keeping things safe. So safe sharp blade for the craft knife please 👍

But for gods sake dont cut yourself :LOL:

Just get some more helitape? It's cheap enough, lasts a decent time, and does a reasonable job. If the frame is not worth a huge amount I don't see the point in splurging £££'s on it.
FWIW I don't use frame protection, save for a bit of helitape to prevent cable rub or on the chainstay, but then my frames are worth in the £100's and not £1000's.

Ive been using a pack of oxford paint saver tape for 10 years. Actually bought for a tank, but I've been cutting it up into bike bits since. Very tough, dont peel, easy to apply.

66cm x 42 cm sheet £20 or £10 in a sale.!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back