Frame numbers Rocky Mountain

Re:

It's a 1997 Blizzard at my guess.

Buy on a catalogue look (I don't k ow this era too well, they all look the same ;-))

It is actually a 1997 Equipe in it normal Steel Blue colour.

Let's revive this old but useful thread. By accident I just bumped into (and bought) a nice 1995 Blizzard. It's an 18.5" with Rocky Mountain stamped dropouts, but what's interesting is the serial number: B0070. Quite unusual for this year. I'm glad with the frame and the bike, nonetheless, but am puzzled my this serial number that deviates so much from any post '94 Rocky I've seen here on the forum.

Re:

BLxxxxx is the other 95, as you'll know, on the Google sheets list and the normal style as far as I know anything special.
Any other codes?

New here,

Just added what I believe to be a 95/96 Altitude to the registry in hope of some help on its lineage. The serial number on the BB reads RMA096. I bought it from a secondhand shop in cosmetically rough but serviceable condition. It's covered in Grip Shift decals and never appears to have been graphic'd as an RM. It has Ritchey drop outs and the same paint as a 95 Team Only.
Specs: Original Race Face LP Cranks, Sram ESP 5.0 Rear Derailleur, XTR Front Derailluer, Grip Shift ESP 900 shifters, Parallax Hubs on Mavic UB Control wheels, Avid Front Brake, Shimano XT rear brake, Rock Shox Judy SL fork.

image0.jpeg

Back