Frame identification needed - Sun Mist

jon w

Old School Hero
One for you frame gurus. I can find no reference to this online.

I have a Sun Mist frame. It has the number above a rear drop, "SPV 1803". Does anyone have any ideas about when and where this frame may hve beem made?

There are some curious features on it, like the seat post cut-out bars and the brackets on the bottom tube.

Have some pics of it!

Hi, The 'S' makes it a 1951/52 Sun Mist, and the badge and fittings match it, you should be able to find a Sun catalogue online for that year, but failing that I might be able to dig something out. Terry

Cheers guys!

Any further info or catalogues are most welcome. It will probably be cleaned up and kept as a spare S/S frame.

'Monitor Steel Brakes'

Now there's something I haven't seen in a long time. In fact, I'd nearly forgotten all about them. Together with steel rims, a formidable braking combination - NOT!

It will be a spare for my Triumph fixie, which alough tidy has a suspect tube joint. That will mean period brakes, alli rims and flat bars. What I will need to find is a lamp bracked for the forks as this is missing and it seems a shame to not have it... oh and a very, very good clean. It's orrible at the mo!

Back