Fixing a Victorian

How dark are you going for?
So they don’t look like plastic. Gunstock like would be nice, but not like dark furniture. Probably two shades darker. Their beautifully constructed. Very tight finger joints and there is absolutely no gap between the wood and the alloy rim insert. I want the ambiance of wood without the hassle.

Both new wood wheels are done. I’m all done until with this project until spring. In the spring I’ll put the armless coaster brake wheel on and put an old Phillips clamp on front brake. I’ll then be able image.jpg to ride it safely. It will still be uncomfortable but a 15 k ride won’t be terrifying.

Did you carve the Ducks? I know it's a big thing in the US.
My high school track coach started carving duck decoys after he retired. Half his track teams bought his decoys. Non of the decoys floating around in my bedroom/den/man cave are ones I carved. I have so many decoys it’s crazy. I gave two dozen to my son in law and two dozen to my best friends son. I still have too many. I carve duck decoys or make wood WW II model airplanes whenever I’m recovering from orthopedic surgery. When I go duck hunting I always use at least one of my homemade decoys in my set. This is just so I can have a little self respect when I miss all my shots. Someone once bought one from me. I didn’t want to sell it because it takes a long time to make one. He really wanted it so I reluctantly sold it years ago for $75. Way too much for a crude working decoy, but it was his money.

Back