First Retro

Rob Crumpton

Retro Newbie
More photos, not sure what the engraving on the handlebar is or the' ilo' stckers if any one has any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Nw bike Reg 12.jpg
    Nw bike Reg 12.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 730
  • Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 729
  • Bike 3.jpg
    Bike 3.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 727
  • Bike 4.jpg
    Bike 4.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 727
  • Bike 5.jpg
    Bike 5.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 726
  • Bike 6.jpg
    Bike 6.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 730
Hi Rob, if you search Regina Sport cycles on here or Google it will lead you to an article on here regarding Regina Sport. Sorry I couldn't post the link, maybe someone else knows how to, cheers Bill.

Régina Sport was a brand owned by Ets Betbeder, in Oloron-Ste-Marie, France. They also made Lapebie and Louison Bobet-branded bicyles.

This is what the factory looked like at one time in the early eighties, judging by the cars.

1k0.jpg

They made some really nice bikes, like this one on Emile's blog:

http://velosvintage.over-blog.com/artic ... 91702.html

Re:

Love that photo and beautiful bike, thank you I'm enjoying finding out about thr brand.I've been riding a short distance to work & back, rides lovely. Gradually getting used to the gears, may need some adjustment or I do! Been wondering why it doesn't have the badge on the front?, really like the Wolber wheels and tyres although the tyres aren't long for this world I've bought some gatorskins to put on and new tubes. I'd also like to find some nice retro pedals with toe clips.

You're welcome. The reason I know of the brand is I have one myself, albeit an older model. Picked it up for the TA and MAFAC goodies, and subsequently discovered I actually had a rather nice bike on my hands.

As bought:

1k0.jpg

It's small-ish for me, but I may build it back up one day.

If you want to learn more about the SunTour Accushift system, it may be worthwhile to pay a visit to The Cousins at Bikeforums C&V. Lots of SunTour love and knowledge there. (I hope this is not considered a faux pas).

Re:

Aah...I see, your bike is really nice! Mine's a 52cm which is perfect for me. Thanks for the info re the gearing, I'm going to need it! Any other seeds of knowledge would be gratefully accepted as I'm very new to all of this.Hope to put the new tyres on this weekend

Régina Sport was a brand owned by Ets Betbeder, in Oloron-Ste-Marie, France. They also made Lapebie and Louison Bobet-branded bicyles.

This is what the factory looked like at one time in the early eighties, judging by the cars.

1k0.jpg

They made some really nice bikes, like this one on Emile's blog:

http://velosvintage.over-blog.com/artic ... 91702.html
Hi There,
My name is Marc Duchesne, of Oloron Sainte-Marie, in the Pyrénées. I'm the new owner of the "Regina Sport" bicycles brand.
I'm also the owner of its mother brand: Royal Asport.
The two are positioned as complementary: Royal Asport is the high-end, made-to-measure, bespoke boutique brand, whilst Regina Sport will be more affordable, as it was in its glory days.
The first new Regina Sport bicycle is to be a 1980-replica type of bike. Website will be online by end of March 2023.
Royal Asport is already active, with 7 models. You can visit https://royalasport.eu
Last but not least, for the 2 brands I'll open official Owners Clubs.
Feel free to call,
_Marc

Re:

Love that photo and beautiful bike, thank you I'm enjoying finding out about thr brand.I've been riding a short distance to work & back, rides lovely. Gradually getting used to the gears, may need some adjustment or I do! Been wondering why it doesn't have the badge on the front?, really like the Wolber wheels and tyres although the tyres aren't long for this world I've bought some gatorskins to put on and new tubes. I'd also like to find some nice retro pedals with toe clips.
Hi There,
My name is Marc Duchesne, of Oloron Sainte-Marie, in the Pyrénées. I'm the new owner of the "Regina Sport" bicycles brand.
The two are positioned as complementary: Royal Asport is the high-end, made-to-measure, bespoke boutique brand, whilst Regina Sport will be more affordable, as it was in its glory days.
The first new Regina Sport bicycle is to be a 1980-replica type of bike. Website will be online by end of March 2023.
Royal Asport is already active, with 7 models. You can visit https://royalasport.eu
Feel free to call,
_Marc

Hi There,
Feel free to call,
_Marc

Welcome, Marc!

Thank you for chiming in. Much appreciated! 👍 I shall be looking forward to the Régina Sport replica. Will that be a steel bike?

Back