Fife and Tayside rides thread

1st August for me, Sharron’s going Lochnagar the week before.
Nae fussed as to the venue.

I’ll be abroad in Madeira on my holidays (hopefully).
Planning at least one days mtb riding whilst there though 😀

Just catching up with this thread. We talked about possibly meeting up at comrie croft this sunday or pitmedded out to the railway tunnels.

Clubby you still free this weekend or move till the next?

OCP you able to make it?

braw. So looks like me and OCP are the fife contingent, Kenny away to edinburgh for the weekend.

So be good to try Comrie croft, will we say meet at 10am and riding by 10.15?

I prob need to be back about 2ish but still time for a couple of runs of the blue hopefully.
cant decide on full suss or the 29er hardtail.

You and yer mate coming Clubby?, and assuming nae ebikes lol!!!

That sounds good. May bring the ebike though, but I’ll take it easy on you. Probably slower on it than Kenny is normally, so you should be fine.
If I get a day away from the wee man I need to make the most of it, so will do some afternoon laps as well.
Should do the full red Keith, it’s actually really nice, nothing too spicy. Couple of tricky rolls but can always walk those.

yeah lets plan on doing the full red, i think we did that last time. maybe get an extra blue later on.

no probs on ebike, hopefully you can give Jock a shot of it and convinc him its the way forward lol.

i'll check with shona nearer time what time allocation i've got lol.

cheers.

If time may be an issue then could leave Comrie until another day? Could do Kinnoull/Deuchney instead if you wanted. Shorter drive for all of us and 2-3 hours is enough to cover most of the good stuff a couple of times.

clubby, what is Kinnoull/Deuchney like for climbing to top of trails? Mind I'm an auld man, was 68 yesterday FFS, my legs don't have battery assistance.

Just a thought, there's the trails at Falkland from Pillars of Hercules. I know it's adding in another option and it's a bit further for you but the trails are good.

clubby, what is Kinnoull/Deuchney like for climbing to top of trails? Mind I'm an auld man, was 68 yesterday FFS, my legs don't have battery assistance.

Not too bad at all. Park at the upper car park and it’s the same easy fire road climb to the start of the tracks each time. Couple of steeper singletrack sections to get to the downs but not very long. Shorter than anything at Comrie.
Couple of main descents with various options.

Kinnoull side can go right down to river, but even if we just ride to cliff viewpoint and do the top loop back to car. Views are amazing.

Back