Festive Frolics 2021 - Aftermath and pics

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
After speaking with clubby at last meet up we were thinking of options for a southerly festive frolics ride.

sitting having a beer while shona getting nails done So thought I would post up some options.

1. Gravelfoyle loops or part of.
Been reading lots on this and fancy a visit. Maybe better suited to spring or summer.

2. Fife coastal path.
Lots of options here round some of the scenic coastal villages either east neuk or down culross and Limekilns areas.

3.local lochs.
Could probably pull together an xc ride doing loch leven, benarty lochore and loch fitty.

4 pitmedden and Glen farg railway tunnels.
Looks a nice loop, again might be a bit soggy at moment.

5. Bit more rowdy loop round kinnoull hill bike park near Perth..

Dates to be confirmed but if folk interested post up any preferences and any other suggested option.

Gravel foyle and Glenfarg more of a lazy summer day I think.

I like the coastal path option. Coast paths usually drain a bit better and not done much if it. Have done Boarhills to Crail but a fair chunk of that on beach. Was fine on Pugsley but tide dependent on firm sand. Happy to try your favourite caff in Linekilns.

Up for Fife Coastal Path also. Ridden stuff between Inverkeithing and Aberdour loads of times but never further. Hear the stuff further east can get interesting 😎

Coastal path sounds good, something with good views but hopefully not too technically taxing.
Any idea on dates yet? As usual I'll only get a few days off over Xmas 🙄

Not really planned on dates but probably 28th 29th or 30th preferred.

Or even the 2nd 3rd 4th of Jan.

30th not the best for me. Sharron has evening out so I’d have to be back early. Anything else is fine so far. Be good to get a firm date in the calendar. Maybe have a chat on Saturday and decide then?

When are you off Jimo?

yeah im pretty felxible i reckon. May have friends down 26-28th but not confirmed. apart from that its just me the wife and our new puppy!

I can do anytime, what about 3rd January, all hangovers dealt with and new years resolutions still fresh in the mind. Will make effort to be electrically assisted by then so not shy off with the unfitness card.

Latest posts

Back