Festive Frolics 2021 - Aftermath and pics

Hello folks , its been a while.
I've not sat on a bike for months but I'm always up for some festive frolics.
I've whittled the bikes down and don't have a modern mountain bike so anything too tech or steep would be a carry for me. Plus the bottle has gone for anything other than fairly easy stuff :oops:
I've still got a rigid retro mtb and a couple of jack-of-all-trades kind of bikes that take wide(ish) tyres.
The 3rd is good for me as the festive visitors will be away by then and the wife and daughters are away to NY (covid permitting)

Looks like we’ve a winner as far as the date goes.

@Hawmaw you sold the Voodoo? That was a nice wee bike. Be good to have you along. Think the last time I saw you was a freezing Baltic Bawbags with Jimo.

Looks like we’ve a winner as far as the date goes.

@Hawmaw you sold the Voodoo? That was a nice wee bike. Be good to have you along. Think the last time I saw you was a freezing Baltic Bawbags with Jimo.
I sold the Voodoo because I'd used it 4 times since I bought it in Feb 2019. It was just sitting doing nothing.

I sold the Voodoo because I'd used it 4 times since I bought it in Feb 2019. It was just sitting doing nothing.

Sounds like most of my retro bikes! 😂

My modern mtb does get used a little more frequently though

Perfect, so will pencil in for the 3rd.

Jim, you’re welcome to stay over at ours on the 2nd to save you the mental early start and drive down.

My rough plan is
Dunfermline urban out to Alloa cycle path
Through west Fife woodlands down to culross.
Culross along to limekilns for the cafe stop
Option then is to extend along to aberdour for another cafe or shorter option back to dunfermline.

Mix of cycle path, farm track, and the odd bit of gravel. But a nice winter day ride.

we can head through deans as a nice wee detour but the west fife widlands are...further west lol.

im keen to extend to aberdour to get one back on clubby for his barsteward of a hill climb by taking him up the legendary "goats brae"

Back