Fausto Coppi Lugano 53 Show Bike

VicWahby

Retro Newbie
Interested in selling this Fausto Coppi frame and components but seek to learn its value first. I'm the original owner, purchased in NYC 2003 although I think the frame is circa 1996. Component choice is admittedly somewhat fashion-forward, and selected with appearance value in mind. I think the bike is stunning, and ride it to this day with pride. I was told by the dealer it was supposed to be a show bike. In fact, I have yet to see another Coppi with this paint scheme, which does seem more elaborate than the norm. Further, I can't find another Columbus Genius with the same BB (partially lugged). Thanks in advance for opinions and estimates.

Attachments

• IMG_6688.JPG
    IMG_6688.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_6687 2.JPG
    IMG_6687 2.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_6686 2.JPG
    IMG_6686 2.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_6685.JPG
    IMG_6685.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_6683.JPG
    IMG_6683.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 500
Re:

I sold a similar looking frame and fork in Columbus EL in great condition for around £250. I believe the frames were cheap because the design of the rear triangle joining the seat tube lower down was banned for racing and there was a lot of remaining stock.

Re:

gavr":24dr2qrp said:
I sold a similar looking frame and fork in Columbus EL in great condition for around £250. I believe the frames were cheap because the design of the rear triangle joining the seat tube lower down was banned for racing and there was a lot of remaining stock.

Although I'm unfamiliar with Columbus EL, or how it compares with Columbus Genius, it's mainly the paint job that I believe makes my frame unique. As mentioned, I have yet to see another Coppi with this paint job. I'm going to contact Zar to see if it's a one-off. Thanks for your reply. Best, Vic

Re: Re:

VicWahby":32e42imm said:
gavr":32e42imm said:

Although I'm unfamiliar with Columbus EL, or how it compares with Columbus Genius, it's mainly the paint job that I believe makes my frame unique. As mentioned, I have yet to see another Coppi with this paint job. I'm going to contact Zar to see if it's a one-off. Thanks for your reply. Best, Vic

Yes the paintwork probably is unique. The frames emerged unpainted from storage as I understand it...

Back