FAT Chance 10th Anniversary frameset

tangent

Senior Retro Guru
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392666557023

link to FAT Chance 10th Anniversary frame + fork

a ultra rare frameset...I looked at one with a view to purchase 10 years ago whilst in Oslo.
Unfortunately I declined when I remembered the recommended rider weight limit for the frame sadly excluded me, so made it unjustifiable ... even now am kinda kicking myself for being so rational ! :facepalm: Love it!

I know there are a few of these out there on the forum , not seen any for awhile tho'. :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Never seen one fail from a ‘heavy rider’ and doubt they would have any issues anyway. The same spec tubing was used in later Yos. Works of art and crazy this is still NOS ! :shock:

Re: Re:

M-Power":1e5ra0dl said:
Never seen one fail from a ‘heavy rider’ and doubt they would have any issues anyway. The same spec tubing was used in later Yos. Works of art and crazy this is still NOS ! :shock:

it is amazing...yes I think I was being over cautious, (especially having ridden mid 90s Yo L’s without any concern :facepalm: ) at least I got to see one of these ultra rare framesets. So many delightful details plus a great dose of “mountain bike mythology” :cool:

Re:

This is an investment piece which will only increase in value in 10-20yrs unlike classic cars, which are now starting to be offloaded as a future without petrol beckons. Replacement retro parts for these will be easy to 3D print in future so that wont be an issue. Hopefully confidence in the economy picks up over this year and people start buying the high end stuff again.

It is a members on here, he did nearly build it up but as he already has a built one... :cool:

Re:

...and this used to be mine, bought from a guy in the States. Awesome frameset :cool:

Re:

Always reminds me of an episode of Chasing Classic Cars, when Wayne Carini went to pick up a mint crazy low miles Ferrari Dino some multi millionaire bought as a present for his wife. He only allowed her to drive it twice in 15yrs and she cried as it was taken away on Waynes flatbed lorry. She mentioned how much she had enjoyed driving it on those two occasions and all he cared about was the huge appreciation.

It should be bought by a Chehalis Klein owner, built up and ridden so they can experience what a truly great frame feels like to ride ;)

Back