EU shipping costs post-Brexit...

Re: Re:

Remko":3pkv2iv4 said:
Just sent a wheelset from The Netherlands to the UK. Before Brexit I could post just with an address label for €9. Now I have to make an invoice and fill in customs papers. I wrote down a value of €50 and a weight of 3 kg. So I was 'fined' for the 2 kg that it weighed more. Total cost was €26. So +200%.

Such a shame, because I've only had positive experiences here with UK buyers. And I think me selling parts to UK enthusiast will end here because of brexit.

But in fairness, if you'd sold it to a US buyer, you'd have had to do the same thing and probably received a similar fine for underdeclaring weight. It just needs some adjustments of thought as we're all just so used to sending stuff whenever we feel like it, which has never been the case if selling to USA or most other places in the world.

Re: Re:

jim haseltine":2quq9pb7 said:
Once A Hero":2quq9pb7 said:
An Italian eBay seller I'm currently dealing with just sent me something, only to have it returned to him before it had even left the country because of incorrect form filling.
13th January I sent a parcel (OK, a medium sized padded envelope) to a friend in Berlin - tracked etc etc.
It dragged. Took over a week to leave the UK and made it as far as Cologne a week later. Yesterday morning it arrived back here with a CN15 'missing CN22' label affixed by Deutsche Post even though there was a CN22 on the back of it. Looks like DP were sticking to the rule that CN22 customs labels should be on the front even though they've never bothered with anything I've sent previously....
It's on it's way back with a second CN22 on the front but I don't hold out much hope that it'll go anywhere.
And a week ago it arrived back here again.
Luckily (maybe) my friend was only in Berlin on a contract job and will be returning to Holland shortly so I've repacked the item and sent it to his home address. Maybe, just maybe, it'll actually get to him this time.

Mine are being shipped ok to Madrid via RM click and drop. Takes a week door to door now that the Airport logistics centre in Madrid is no longer in lockdown. I have one parcel on its way to the USA but it's whereabouts is unknown since it left the UK.

Has anyone sold an item on ebay, to the UK and understood what the reference number indicating "paid" actually does? Does it tell Uk customs that the client has already paid taxes?
- Only thing I sold recently was a Kona to a UK buyer and although I put the ebay bill on the parcel, for some reason french customs sent me an email with a declared value at half of the initial price? second hand or something? P''''sed about brexit, the UK is one of the main retro bike markets. Likewise for buying stuff, the consumer market is much bigger.

Woz":20n5kaep said:
I'm still following this thread hoping someone will post (pun very intended) some good news and success.

Last year about 30% of all my Ebay.fr listings were sold to UK buyers without an hitch even during all the Covid-19
shit storms. For the moment, there is little interest from UK buyers and I'm still reluctant to ship their.

Still +6 weeks on, Ebay.fr does not reflect the new geo-political reality - EU and UK are "clumped together" - and it is impossible for me to create a specific higher shipping price for just the UK to reflect the real world offering from La Poste.

There is also no option at all for Global Shipping Programs on Ebay.fr - if there was, I would not hesitate to resume shipping to the UK (and world wide) and Ebay would just have to deal with any shit that could occur on the way.

I will leave you with this, just to give you a taste what is involved to ship from France now:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... me-uni?t=a

Theres a way of doing that mate, you need to set a price for europe+uk, then set a higher price on the option "UK" only (the higher price will advertise for the uk buyer) Although I'd go a bit further on ebays annoying options with regards to shipping. You can ship via mondial relay to certain european countries, but not all. Theres no way of adding austria to the list. Nor allowing Spanish buyers to choose pickup points because mondial relay isn't an option outide of france. Ups is cheaper to certain eu countries than others...could go on.

Rank_21":8njj9ibu said:
Woz":8njj9ibu said:
I'm still following this thread hoping someone will post (pun very intended) some good news and success.

Last year about 30% of all my Ebay.fr listings were sold to UK buyers without an hitch even during all the Covid-19
shit storms. For the moment, there is little interest from UK buyers and I'm still reluctant to ship their.

Still +6 weeks on, Ebay.fr does not reflect the new geo-political reality - EU and UK are "clumped together" - and it is impossible for me to create a specific higher shipping price for just the UK to reflect the real world offering from La Poste.

There is also no option at all for Global Shipping Programs on Ebay.fr - if there was, I would not hesitate to resume shipping to the UK (and world wide) and Ebay would just have to deal with any shit that could occur on the way.

I will leave you with this, just to give you a taste what is involved to ship from France now:

Theres a way of doing that mate, you need to set a price for europe+uk, then set a higher price on the option "UK" only (the higher price will advertise for the uk buyer) Although I'd go a bit further on ebays annoying options with regards to shipping. You can ship via mondial relay to certain european countries, but not all. Theres no way of adding austria to the list. Nor allowing Spanish buyers to choose pickup points because mondial relay isn't an option outide of france. Ups is cheaper to certain eu countries than others...could go on.

Cheers for that. Good to know, I'll have a deeper dig in the belly of Ebay.fr ! You probably know already
this statement from Mondial Relay: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... yaume-uni/

Personally I prefer La Poste since I'm well in the sticks and the service is top notch with nothing but praise from buyers too; the closest Mondial Relay drop-off point is a 30Km round trip plus I need a large cognac just to deal with the awkward owner so the passive aggressiveness doesn't escalate :evil:

Woz":vf3hb99f said:
Rank_21":vf3hb99f said:
Woz":vf3hb99f said:

Cheers for that. Good to know, I'll have a deeper dig in the belly of Ebay.fr ! You probably know already
this statement from Mondial Relay: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... yaume-uni/

Personally I prefer La Poste since I'm well in the sticks and the service is top notch with nothing but praise from buyers too; the closest Mondial Relay drop-off point is a 30Km round trip plus I need a large cognac just to deal with the awkward owner so the passive aggressiveness doesn't escalate :evil:

Ah, the disadvantages of Md is shipping outside of towns where the drop offs are sparse. Reversely laposte in the city includes long waits as people use it for western union transfers etc. Though I'll happily drink cognac before laposte or MD :LOL: . Good news though, MD will soon be shipping to Ireland and a few Scandinavian countries, so you can drink a whiskey beforehand too.

Back