EU shipping costs post-Brexit...

One other issue is lack of cost visibility. If transporters are doing the customs clearance (on behalf of the importer & exporter)
it would be good to know it they are charging a fixed fee or it is percentage of the consignment value based.

I've been stung by the latter from the likes of FedEx, UPS and DHL - the incumbents using the general post network
(national carriers / post systems) have always been reasonable in this respect.

To answer the OP; check out DB Schenker (I have used them in the past and would trust them):
https://rogistics.net/freight-forwardin ... to-the-uk/

Stressed":2orgwmh3 said:
Did I already mention that Nigel Farage is an utter cock-womble?
(My memory these days...)
Cockwomble... is that the same sort of thing as a ****? It may have been mentioned, but I think it's worth repeating.

Holiocornolio":3p5y3zym said:
Stressed":3p5y3zym said:
Did I already mention that Nigel Farage is an utter cock-womble?
(My memory these days...)
Cockwomble... is that the same sort of thing as a c*nt? It may have been mentioned, but I think it's worth repeating.
FWIW I didn't star that out

I'm not convinced that the freight price situation is necessarily entirely Brexit related. Through work I do a lot of inter EU sales, from a warehouse located in the Netherlands. In the latter half of 2020, freight prices have massively increased across the board including moving goods inside the euro / free trade zone.
Also on reflection I have to take issue with the Nigel Farage cockwomble statement. I think the phrase cockwomble implies some sort of bumbling incompetent but ultimately harmless oaf. Nigel Farage is demonstrably something far more odious and poisonous than that, so **** is definitely the word we should be using.
I think it must be relevant (although I'm not smart enough or informed enough to know how) that almost the moment the UK has been released from European financial regulatory control, that the poisonous shitbag is now advertising some financial services device he's running.

Update on my Spanish parcels
The depot in Madrid was on lockdown and has just re opened and my 3 week transit parcel is now on the move and the one I posted last week is 20 minutes in front of it according to the status logs.

Royal mail costs for these parcels has slightly reduced since December but I think there was a snide Christmas price hike, now removed.

Took a further week for delivery to be completed, both arrived together. One happy missus.

So, shipper for bike found, I now encounter the bitter choice of either paying the UK exchequer an additional 20% VAT plus handling fees on top of the cost of my used bicycle-that's already had VAT paid on it-or asking the seller to declare it as a lower value item and taking the risk on it getting lost and damaged...

Will equal an additional £150 for sod all gain compared to previous system. What a wonderful world we've inherited. Green fields forever...

I'm still following this thread hoping someone will post (pun very intended) some good news and success.

Last year about 30% of all my Ebay.fr listings were sold to UK buyers without an hitch even during all the Covid-19
shit storms. For the moment, there is little interest from UK buyers and I'm still reluctant to ship their.

Still +6 weeks on, Ebay.fr does not reflect the new geo-political reality - EU and UK are "clumped together" - and it is impossible for me to create a specific higher shipping price for just the UK to reflect the real world offering from La Poste.

There is also no option at all for Global Shipping Programs on Ebay.fr - if there was, I would not hesitate to resume shipping to the UK (and world wide) and Ebay would just have to deal with any shit that could occur on the way.

I will leave you with this, just to give you a taste what is involved to ship from France now:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... me-uni?t=a

Griggsy":3daly59l said:
absolute pain in the shaft tbh. Think the seller is losing his mind with it too, and rightly so!

You mean arse surely? The shaft is probably enjoying it all :evil:

Latest posts

Back