English Range Rider

Modern Bruce Gordon Rock'n'Road 650x42B tyres (Nokia Hakkapeliitta copies), could also be used to complete the original look your early Range-Rider. Unfortunately the wider Nokian 650x52

Looks like they do 48mm RnR in both 622/700C and 584/650B, so a little closer to fatter version of the Nokian

All the best,

Looks like they do 48mm RnR in both 622/700C and 584/650B, so a little closer to fatter version of the Nokian

All the best,
Thanks for that Dan, I have been hoping that Bruce Gordon would produce a fatter version of their original Rock 'n Road.

Now we'll just have to wait until they arrive in the UK at a more reasonable price! 48mm should be a great fit for the Cleland Aventura and English Range-rider

Hi Graham, a scan of the head badge would be really useful.

I have someone who can rebuild them pretty much from scratch.
Font etc shouldn't be a problem, and the elephant is clear and undamaged, but what is the little graphic on the side? My brain is not parsing it as anything.

View attachment 831596

All the best,
Hi Dan, I have emailed you some scans of the 'Made By English' head badge and some photos the Metro Trekker logo used on my bike.

Geoff Apps says that the little graphic image he used doesn't represent anything in particular. It's just a decorative natural form similar to those used by arts & craft printers to fill in the gaps on wood block prints.

Cheers,
Graham

Back