Electronic Groupsets.....good idea or utterly pointless for most people ?

Guinessisgoodforyou said “6, My friend owned a bike shop. The one thing he said was that women really struggle with gearing and cross chaining. Di2 just trims automatically, also some women find it physically hard to shift the sti..

I saw this a couple if days ago, a lady was really struggling to sweep the lever on her road hire bike. Di2 would have been better.

Love it!
Absolutely love it!
I say to myself EVERY day - i wish they would hurry up and introduce a GPS controlled brake 'standard'.
That way i wouldn't even need those wretched lever things on my handlebars - because the GPS would know when i was going too fast - and apply just the right amount of force (taking into account modulation, compression, rider weight and terrain) accordingly.....

Just slightly more seriously - they don't do Research & Development any more.

They computer model everything and hope what is fantastic on a computer is just as fantastic in the real world.
Essentially they guess and cross their fingers.
And even if it isn't fantastic - they will (try to) convince you it is because they've modelled it, manufactured it and shipped it - ready to be sold (at the very reasonable price of several hundred/thousand pounds - to unsuspecting punters.

If you think i'm making that up - ask Lewis Hamilton how the R&D is going at Mercedes.
Looked world beating on the computer.
Bleddy car goes BACKWARDS faster than it goes forwards!

Anyway.....anyone hear any whispers about those GPS brakes - give me the nod please.

Love it!
Absolutely love it!
I say to myself EVERY day - i wish they would hurry up and introduce a GPS controlled brake 'standard'.
That way i wouldn't even need those wretched lever things on my handlebars - because the GPS would know when i was going too fast - and apply just the right amount of force (taking into account modulation, compression, rider weight and terrain) accordingly.....

Just slightly more seriously - they don't do Research & Development any more.

They computer model everything and hope what is fantastic on a computer is just as fantastic in the real world.
Essentially they guess and cross their fingers.
And even if it isn't fantastic - they will (try to) convince you it is because they've modelled it, manufactured it and shipped it - ready to be sold (at the very reasonable price of several hundred/thousand pounds - to unsuspecting punters.

If you think i'm making that up - ask Lewis Hamilton how the R&D is going at Mercedes.
Looked world beating on the computer.
Bleddy car goes BACKWARDS faster than it goes forwards!

Anyway.....anyone hear any whispers about those GPS brakes - give me the nod please.
They're not really allowed to test, barely allowed to blow wind over them before they can go drive*.

MTBs they can test, they have riders and people trying it out and give feedback as always.
Computer have been used since they could for bike design, it's what gave us Biopace.. perhaps not the best example. But it's been used for so long now.
Err. What was the rant again?

Press button change gear.
As long as they make an electric GripShift version rather than pushy-pushy I'll be happy.

*Thier car is still faster than most on the grid, even last year. It's not exactly crap.
Go have a chat to the Orange ones.
Brum Brum.

Ah, just been eating some nice dry cured bacon from the Hutton Cranswick Farm. Shop.
Excellent stuff, lasts for ages as it's made properly, tastes lovely and is a proper thickness, not the wafer thin 'thick' stuff you get in supermarkets now that gets thinner every few months.

(actually it ends up not that expensive in comparison for high end bacon).

Ah, just been eating some nice dry cured bacon from the Hutton Cranswick Farm. Shop.
Excellent stuff, lasts for ages as it's made properly, tastes lovely and is a proper thickness, not the wafer thin 'thick' stuff you get in supermarkets now that gets thinner every few months.

(actually it ends up not that expensive in comparison for high end bacon).
I like bacon :)

Back