Early titan YBB made for Wheeler by Kent Eriksen

Re:

I did not know that Kent Eriksen had made bicycles for Wheeler.
Did you find any pictures of Adri 75?
Beautiful subject ...

Re:

Eriksen didn't worked fir Wheeler but some racers prefered bought a top frame or bike and only change decals. Remember the Peugeot Team line riding Ritchey P22. Wheeler didn't got Softail and it was easier to buy a Moots than making one

Thanks Adri.75 for the pictures. It's the first pictures I've seen of the bike - can not find anything on the web!!
When I purchased it, I got the information from the seller that the bike had been owned by Mike Kluge. But, could not get a confirmation.

From the Steve Tilford article I refer to earlier he write:
'I got a call from Wheeler Bicycles. They wanted me to ride for them and said that they had commissioned Kent to build something like 300 titanium frames for them. The sponsorship fell through, but Kent got the deal to build the two frames, so he made enough $$$ to buy the equipment necessary to build with titanium.'

I've contacted Kent Eriksen, and he confirms that he build bikes for Wheeler. Did not get details about qty. etc.

I have also found this photo on another 1992 magazine, I'm still looking for this day.

I remember seeing a frame identical to this NOS for sale on a market in Italy a few years ago, he remained unsold in a store. But the price was exaggerated.

Attachments

• wheeler pubblicità.JPG
    wheeler pubblicità.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 606
Steve Tilford, tells in this article that Kent Eriksen that when he started racing mountain bikes professionally, he got a call from Wheeler Bicycles. They wanted him to ride for them and said that they had commissioned Kent to build something like 300 titanium frames for them. The sponsorship fell through, but Kent got the deal to build the two frames, so he made enough $$$ to buy the equipment necessary to build with titanium.

http://stevetilford.com/2014/07/31/kent-eriksen/

So, it was the start of Kent Eriksens titanium bike journey. So, he built one for Steve Tilford and one for Mike Kluge. Was it commerzialised in larger quantities?

Based on the information in the above thread, Kent Eriksen most likely made these bikes in 1991 for the 1992 season.
The picture of Mike Kluge seems to have a Marzocchi fork. XC-300?

Hi
I also have one of these frames, I think... It looks identical but have different decals on it and a different frame number.
What size is the headset on yours?

Back