Dean titanium 1995

Well boredom is a terrible thing so having a lack of new parts to play with I thought I'd swap some tyres and rims about just for the fun of it and hopefully provide a short bit of amusement for you.

I have an old 1994 Marin Muirwoods in near mint condition that had some original grey/black tyres on them so I thought maybe the grey shade on them may go well against the Titanium frame. I decided I wasn't happy with them and reverted back to the tan walls that I originally put on there.

WuOmnCD.jpg

So whilst changing the tyres back I grabbed a spare rim set (D521) that was lying at the back of the garage just to see how red tyres would look, you decide...

iiHGJl6.jpg

Anyway that's this weeks fun over with.

Re:

Definitely like the rim-tyre combo in the pictures on the previous page the most :cool:!

I did more or less the same thing #stayathome; played around with my DEAN in the man cave too. Didn't change wheels or tyres this time though, but the forks :D

Re: Re:

Double-E F":2jtacfba said:
Definitely like the rim-tyre combo in the pictures on the previous page the most :cool:!

I did more or less the same thing #stayathome; played around with my DEAN in the man cave too. Didn't change wheels or tyres this time though, but the forks :D

I've put it back to original now anyway, agreed it did look better. Now I don't have anything else to play around with on the bikes but trying to avoid cutting the grass so need to lay low.

I received a nice rim set this morning with alloy Nukeproof hubs on them (thanks Tim aka 2manyoranges). I'd never seen any of these before as they're usually the carbon ones that I see for sale so had to snap them up.

I need to clean them up a little bit as there's some stubborn bits of grease on there but they really are lovely and shed a few grams in the process.

1NfurUQ.jpg

Well I'd say this build is pretty much complete, I only need a couple of cable ends in black to finish off and I'll keep on the lookout for some Cooks crank dust caps.

Future considerations are to put on shifter pods only and replace the brakes with some Cantis as I think they just look better but we will see. For now that's the limit of my cashflow for this although I do have some lighter tyres on the way which will go on next week.

This wasn't meant as a weight weenie project either but this bike currently weighs in at a shade under 21lbs which was surprising.

AZDP7yC.jpg

3EIpiwA.jpg

GHIrvKp.jpg

d7sFmUj.jpg

GIL4Eip.jpg

ILeAx6j.jpg

NZ9SIUl.jpg

Double-E F":1znz7h4a said:
That's a BoTM you got there :cool:!

Love the NP wheels, BTW (just like everything else, but the V brakes)!

Thanks, I will look at different brake options in the future.

Back