Dawes Kingpin

That green one is a bit special. Did you have the fork chromed?
Thank you and no, it's an NOS 20" Akisu fork (stamped AKISU 83) which is about 15mm shorter axle to crown (bit less mudguard clearance and might be tight for a 451 wheel?) and has a shorter non-foldable steerer - picture below next to modified kingpin fork.
PXL_20220717_200827229.MP~2.jpg

Rides very well and about 20% lighter than the std fork. The one in the picture might go on KingRat (fixie) as I have a senseless urge to see how light I can make a folder without spending lots of money.

Very nice one and all (and thank you for posting your pics in the thread)!

The 67 model is a pearler - hats off to you!
I also like your gold 'folly' - nice to have something a bit different.

Very nice one and all (and thank you for posting your pics in the thread)!

The 67 model is a pearler - hats off to you!
I also like your gold 'folly' - nice to have something a bit different.
The 67, I’ve had 10 years now, I’ve bought five donor bikes to get it how I want it, including one just for a head badge! Lunacy!

Thank you and no, it's an NOS 20" Akisu fork (stamped AKISU 83) which is about 15mm shorter axle to crown (bit less mudguard clearance and might be tight for a 451 wheel?) and has a shorter non-foldable steerer - picture below next to modified kingpin fork.
View attachment 644867

Rides very well and about 20% lighter than the std fork. The one in the picture might go on KingRat (fixie) as I have a senseless urge to see how light I can make a folder without spending lots of money.

I replaced the standard fork on my R20 for a chrome one made by Ishitawa and it is a definite improvement (as well as being slightly lighter).

Back