Dawes Edge XT

This was specced with a suspension fork and I've always had a suspension fork on it but looking at it I'm fairly certain the frame isn't suspension corrected, so decided to give a rigid fork a go.
Got a fork cheap from Ebay.
Also changed the headset to threaded, the bar, stem and saddle, all of which I had laying about.
Finally I've changed the hubs and rear mech to M750 XT. I do have a thing about a full groupset and short/mid cage mechs. 😁
I think it looks a lot better like this, I'm probably going to use it as my work bike so it may gain some semi slicks and mudguards at some point. _20221121_152253.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks @hamster, I'd not say no to a 653 one myself, this is Easton tubed and is a pretty light frame but doesn't really have the same thing about it as the earlier steel UK made ones. :)

This got dismantled soon after the last post to make some room and because the £10 fork I bought wasn't straight.
I have rebuilt to use for wet weather commuting. Got an alloy fork that is straight and looks better in my opinion. It's also 350g lighter which is nice. Added guards and slickish tyres. All good to go for the shit weather! DSC_0991.JPG

Back