Dawes Edge XT

Thanks Elev12k, I don't think this frame was built in England either, despite having stickers proclaiming that all over it! At best 'Assembled in England'! I was just wondering if it was among the first imported Dawes frames.

Got bored on lock down and want the Pace forks for the (always ongoing) Bontrager and the bar/stem for something incoming. So armed with two not so good pairs of RSTs and the springs from a dead set of Z2s, I came up with these, approximately 45mm of surprisingly smooth travel! Look pretty good as well I think.

Attachments

• DSC_0640_copy_5219x3188.jpg
    DSC_0640_copy_5219x3188.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 409
Out of interest what is the rise on your black azonic bars? I've just order a set at 2.5" rise and wondering how it will look when built.

Like what you did modifying the RSTs.

Re:

Lovely to hear a shout out to Oakley Cycles, I used to walk past their Northampton shop everyday on my way to school.

When they first started stocking Konas around 91, my world changed.

Are they still going, is that where this Dawes came back to, or have things moved on?

Hi Nick, unfortunately Oakley Cycles are no longer trading, both shops ended up moving into wheelchairs/mobilty scooters about 15 years ago, selling both for a couple of years before concentrating on the latter. Phil is still running the Northampton shop, just as Oakley mobility. The bike came into AJ Cycles, Rushden which was started as Oakleys was winding down.

Back