Dave Lloyd Frame Register

yep, over BB guides puts it back into my era :) Forks are not original though. I wonder if someone has drilled out the rear brake for an allen key brake bolt?

Very nice :) just needs the adjusters in the rear dropouts to bring the rear axle forward of the back of the slot :)

NeilM":emtf17f4 said:
I have today received a little pocket book that I bought on ebay, it is the register of all frame made by Dave Lloyd starting in 1988 (only two frames numbers) and finishing in 1999.

There is not an awful lot of detail of each frame, only the frame number, the frame type, the person or company ordering and the tubing it is made from, but for a DL nutter like me it is gold.

If you have a bike with an LL frame number, and it is apparent from the register that he made a LOT of frames for other businesses, then drop the number in here and I will post up the information I have.

Total production appears to be 1740 frames, however there are a lot of alloy and carbon frames shown in 1998 and perhaps this was a factor in why production effectively stopped that year, with only seven frames in the register for 1999.

As I run through the register I will pick out notable changes, like the first ATB - LL89008 which Dave appears to have made for himself, the first Concept 90 - LL90173, the first CATS WISKAS - LL92531 and the first BEEZ NEEZ - LL92622.

More as I discover it.

Hi Neil

I have inherited a David Lloyd frame from my father (Paul Burnett) and would be interested to know any further information on this frame, see pictures below.

Frame number - LL961247

Thank you,
Tim Burnett

Attachments

• David Lloyd 2.jpg
    David Lloyd 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 120
  • David Lloyd 1.jpg
    David Lloyd 1.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 121
Re:

Tim, that is a REALLY rare bike as it is made for the track, rather than the road.

The register lists LL961247 as a Track originally ordered by Wheels 2 You and made of Deda Zero.

As the number implies, it was made in 1996.

That's a very cool machine, thanks for sharing it.

Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for your very prompt reply and the information on the bike.

My father was a very keen cyclist and member of High Wycombe cycling club.

Re: midlife

It’s been such a cool project, I know it’s a bit of a ‘Frankenstein’ bike but really liked the straight fork look, just wanted something a bit different really! Can’t wait to get out on it more, it’s fast!

Re: midlife

SamHarris95":20fduu7n said:
It’s been such a cool project, I know it’s a bit of a ‘Frankenstein’ bike but really liked the straight fork look, just wanted something a bit different really! Can’t wait to get out on it more, it’s fast!

It looks great and the straight forks really suit it, although they probably make the steering a bit more... lively.

Every DL bike I have ridden, road or mtb has the faster, Faster, FASTER.... feel about it, it's a characteristic I really like.... until the end of a ride when I'm knackered.

Enjoy!

Finally got out on my Concept 90 only had it since October such a great ride , can't wait for the next ride

Attachments

• 164290334_1889255524559773_6941800231433796521_n.jpg
    164290334_1889255524559773_6941800231433796521_n.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 40
Re:

Excellent.

Summer is coming, so lots of opportunities to ride in the coming months.

BTW, I hadn't picked up before how close the paint scheme on your bike is to my Concept 90.

No wonder I liked it so much. :mrgreen:

Neil, found this 753 Lloyd for sale within a group on a popular social media site. Concept 90 I'm assuming. €753 seems a touch strong to me, or am I out of touch? Cheers, Sean.

Attachments

• D Lloyd 753.jpg
    D Lloyd 753.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 753 serial number.jpg
    753 serial number.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 18
Re:

If that number is LL951108, which is what it looks like to me, then it is a Concept 90, but it is made from Deda Zero not 753.

If the frame number is 951138, then that's another C90 in 653.

In the 9511xx frame number series there are very few 753 C90's, maybe one or two, but with frame numbers that would not match the one in the picture, no matter how much you screwed your eyes up.

It has either had a good quality refinish or is in exceptional condition for its age, but €753 is much more than it would sell for on this forum or eBay.

Usual market price for that frame would be £350 absolute max. Unfortunately, what a DL frame is worth and what people will pay are two very different things.

Back