Daccordi Rebuild

Old Ned":17qhfum8 said:
I've just finished my 'Flandria Homage' bike and also rode it at the weekend to bed it in (photos soon). The headset came a bit loose as it settled on the Saturday ride but a quick nip up sorted that. Otherwise, I reckon that all the points you've raised above are exactly the same as I would make. Especially about the brake lever hoods (mine are Campag with new repro hoods) which feel really small and thin after STI units! A bit dissappointing to hear what you say about 28t sprockets and an SR mech. I'll have to have a rethink about what I'm going to ride on the day. And I'm using Look as well - just being pragmatic.

BTW, we need to get entries off for the 2-up next week ;)

I found the SR mech would handle the 28t sprocket if the chain was short enough but then that limited the sprockets available when on the big ring. It all depends on your dropouts as well. Mine are the standard 24mm drop but if you've got 28mm vertical dropouts you might squeeze a couple more teeth out of it. All in all I decided to screw the limit adjuster in to block the 28t and "man up"!

Thanks for the reminder about the 2-up - I'll need to do that on Friday as I'm away next week.

Mark.

Thanks for the replies Mark - a thorough clean of everything can make a big difference, but you know that already.

Face it - the bike is clearly much too fast! :D

Rich34":yrrs6kqk said:
Thanks for the replies Mark - a thorough clean of everything can make a big difference, but you know that already.

Face it - the bike is clearly much too fast! :D

It used to be much faster! :(

It's not about the bike.

As someone once said.

Now, who was that.............................. :roll: ;)

Back