Cranked – new mtb print mag due this spring

Re:

Many thanks Seb,

Mine arrived securely packaged on Thursday and could not put it down, great first edition ( and touching reference to Steve W).

Cannot wait for number 2

Regards

Got mine today.

Great stuff - can see you've put loads of effort into this. Anyone who's on the fence, just get involved, it's easily worth it.

D.

Re:

It is very good.

If you haven't, go buy one, support independent print and have a nice read in the bath at the same time.

Re: Re:

Augustus":5q9xrvjw said:
It is very good.

If you haven't, go buy one, support independent print and have a nice read in the bath at the same time.

Thanks for the support!

It's not waterproof and we don't offer any warranty on copies dropped in the bath, though :D

Re: Re:

coomber":23j93ovn said:
al-onestare":23j93ovn said:
coomber":23j93ovn said:
Well it is like a book!

Then my suggestion would be to clearly market it as one. Just my 2 pence.

I don't want to sound like I'm stirring things up Al, but how could you market it as anything other than what it is, a quarterly publication? How would marketing it as book make any odds?

No worries at all, it's a good conversation!

I think the word magazine is potentially the misleading or confusing bit. Indeed the word publication might be better, review or journal. Don't get me wrong it looks and sounds great - and if it's really clear that it's quarterly and so it's more like £4 a month - that's much more digestible.

I do worry that even with the quality of content, print media is still a tough market to work in so having an electronic version would be a sensible additional option and provide some level of comfort for the editor!

Back