Cranked – new mtb print mag due this spring

Thanks for all the feedback!

£12 includes postage (in the UK). The 4 issue UK sub is £39.50, so effectively post-free.

HTH :)

Well I've just ordered mine.

Since joining here a few months ago I'm already 200 quid lighter after buying this to get riding again so 12 quid won't really make a big difference. I must say, I did have to think about it and it'd probably help if you said how many pages there were(maybe you do I haven't had a chance to check tbh), and how much was or wasn't advertising, but to help something get off the ground and whatever whatever, it's just manageable.

Good luck with it and well done for getting it this far, must have been a great deal of work.

Cheers,

D.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":3l8bnurn said:
coomber":3l8bnurn said:
Well it is like a book!

Then my suggestion would be to clearly market it as one. Just my 2 pence.

I don't want to sound like I'm stirring things up Al, but how could you market it as anything other than what it is, a quarterly publication? How would marketing it as book make any odds?

it'd probably help if you said how many pages there were(maybe you do I haven't had a chance to check tbh), and how much was or wasn't advertising
Most of that info is under 'additional information' when you click through to the product page. We publish the entire print spec :shock: :

"Printed by The Manson Group – the issue: 260x210mm, perfect bound.
Cover: 4 pages, 250gsm silk, matt laminated. Contents: 128 pages, 150gsm silk.
Coated papers from European mills supporting sustainable forestry.

Sheetfed litho offset on Heidelberg Speedmaster XL105 Cutstar using Agfa Azura plates
Bound on Heidelberg Eurobinder EB6000."

Advertising accounts for no more than 15% of the pagination. If we sell more ads, we print more pages (that is, in fact, what happened with issue one). Total pagination is limited by the weight of the paper stock - we're pretty close to Royal Mail's weight limit for a 'large letter'.

Good luck with it and well done for getting it this far, must have been a great deal of work.

Thanks! It's been fun. Lots more to come...

Re:

mine was there to greet me last night when I got in late last night

thought I'd have a quick squint at it before heading for bed and ended up turning the light out at just past 1am :shock:

Love the passing thought that you can blame the Yanks (in a very round about sort of way) for the popularity of the Alpes in the summer months, :LOL:

Re: Re:

Nice little tribute to Steve Worland as well.

Retro Spud":2zn1rxdt said:
mine was there to greet me last night when I got in late last night

thought I'd have a quick squint at it before heading for bed and ended up turning the light out at just past 1am :shock:

Love the passing thought that you can blame the Yanks (in a very round about sort of way) for the popularity of the Alpes in the summer months, :LOL:

SebRogers":2szqgm88 said:
it'd probably help if you said how many pages there were(maybe you do I haven't had a chance to check tbh), and how much was or wasn't advertising
Most of that info is under 'additional information' when you click through to the product page. We publish the entire print spec :shock: :

"Printed by The Manson Group – the issue: 260x210mm, perfect bound.
Cover: 4 pages, 250gsm silk, matt laminated. Contents: 128 pages, 150gsm silk.
Coated papers from European mills supporting sustainable forestry.

Sheetfed litho offset on Heidelberg Speedmaster XL105 Cutstar using Agfa Azura plates
Bound on Heidelberg Eurobinder EB6000."

Advertising accounts for no more than 15% of the pagination. If we sell more ads, we print more pages (that is, in fact, what happened with issue one). Total pagination is limited by the weight of the paper stock - we're pretty close to Royal Mail's weight limit for a 'large letter'.

Ahh well there you go then. I did say I hadn't really looked - signed up while on my phone.
Fine, well I'm hoping mine comes today as I've got a nice free evening.
Seriously, it's a real achievement getting this going. Hope it keeps momentum.

Cheers,

D.

Back