Cranked – new mtb print mag due this spring

SebRogers":3q761wx2 said:
Hi Pete,

I'm afraid you'll have a long wait. The WHS distribution model isn't even close to cost-effective for a small independent mag, which is why we're distributing direct via the website. There just isn't another viable way to do it at the moment.

I do appreciate the irony of the situation, but it's a model that a lot of small businesses are using now.

Regards

Seb

Dammit Seb, at least tell me there will be a 'print out and post' coupon on the website so we can snail mail our subscription application with a crossed postal order? (albeit a 150gsm silk paper postal order) Remember those two fingers to the digital man.

Good luck with this, you'll have me down as a subscriber.

pete_mcc":3gu1073s said:
Dammit Seb, at least tell me there will be a 'print out and post' coupon on the website so we can snail mail our subscription application with a crossed postal order? (albeit a 150gsm silk paper postal order) Remember those two fingers to the digital man.

Good luck with this, you'll have me down as a subscriber.

Thanks Pete.

I'm not sure there'd be enough demand for a postal order option, to be honest. Though there will be a proper mailing address on the website, so you could always send your postal order by carrier pigeon...

Pledge £36 or more

100 backers All gone!

UK only: a year’s subscription to Cranked (four issues), plus one free, beginning with the very first issue. That’s five issues of Cranked, with no postage to pay!

Estimated delivery: May 2015
Only ships to: United Kingdom

Pants, looks like I'm late to the party! Any chance there'll be any way to get this deal? Count me in if there is...

elPedro666":2m2lz5dr said:
Pants, looks like I'm late to the party! Any chance there'll be any way to get this deal? Count me in if there is...

I'm afraid there were limited quantities of the UK sub deal and they sold out in 12 hours.

UK subs will be available again once the web store is up and running, which will be very soon. If you sign up at www.cranked.cc you'll be one of the first to hear :)

Re:

How would you differentiate yourselves from the likes of Singletrack?

If that isn't a stupid question!

Re: Re:

WWC":17en3iss said:
How would you differentiate yourselves from the likes of Singletrack?

If that isn't a stupid question!

Not a daft question at all.

By skipping gear reviews, trail guides and anything remotely resembling 'news' - and by publishing four times a year - Cranked clears the pages for the kind of insightful, reflective long-form writing that other mags (including Singletrack) don't have the time or the space to run.

And because there's lots of space we also get to give our photographers the acreage their shots deserve. If it's a shot worth running, it gets a page. Or more.

Unlike many independent mags, we also budget to pay our contributors a fair rate for their work. This is important because it means we don't rely on favours, freebies or staffers churning out 'content'.

To give you an idea of the way we do the production side of things, we chose the paper because it was the best quality we could find... and then we asked the printer how much it was. Most mags do that whole thing the other way round.

Cranked isn't trying to replace any of the other mags out there, but it is intentionally different. :)

Re:

Seb

I've paid up and getting regular updates (Thanks)

Idle question for you

will there be any R.B content such as a write up on Bike of the Year, I know we can all see and read the build threads, but seeing it in print is even better, I know others have dabbled in past

Nick

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":959e3wi3 said:
Seb

I've paid up and getting regular updates (Thanks)

Idle question for you

will there be any R.B content such as a write up on Bike of the Year, I know we can all see and read the build threads, but seeing it in print is even better, I know others have dabbled in past

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the support!

We don't have any plans for a tie-in with RB, if that's what you mean. There'll be occasional retro content as and when it's appropriate or interesting, but we also want Cranked to be firmly rooted in the present (though with a clear acknowledgement in terms of where we've come from, too).

Hopefully it'll be clearer what I mean by this when you see issue one :)

Seb

Latest posts

Back