Coyote Easton Ultralight HT5

Mark65

Retro Guru
Hi all
Well as the lovely Cinder Cone is out of my price range, my brother suggested I buy the HT5 Coyote that he bought from my son, its black and silver and you can see Easton Ultralight in the tube wall through the paint, the stays are box sections with what looks like machined parts. it has xt levers with deore vees and bomber x2 shocks I think, now I think I can get this for about £80, its like new as my son didn't use it and my brother hasn't its covered in dust in his back room, its very light and stiff..
So to the point is the frame still good is it worth buying and changing a few bits, the chain does slap on top of the chain stay but I wonder if that's a weak rear derailier?.
I will post pics later.
Thanks
Mark

Re:

These are great frames, a bargain really. I had one until quite recently and would have kept it if it was one size smaller. Some pics would be nice.

Re:

Hi
So I bought the bike, mavic 517 rims on xt hubs, deore chain set and rear mecc, deore front mech and vees, xt brake levers, deore shifters, itm and mint ritchey seat post, ritchey stem and riser bars, FSA headset, marzzochi z2 atom shockers in mint nick.
Bike has hardly been used.piccys won't upload on phone attach them after.

Mark

Re:

Upload the photos to something like photobucket.com, then just post the links.

Re:

Thanks,
Im not a dirty rider lol, not sure what to do with it, upgrade drive train parts or ride it as is, going to strip and polish it all the regrease and rebuild first. I prefer steel frames and rigid forks really but this was a good price and fits me better than the saracen or p7 I had, not quite a stretch. I like the green colour on another thread. The forks are 2001 they have the year on them, and are nice and smooth.

Mark

Latest posts

Back