Confession time.....I'm gravel curious !

Ah, the ebb and flow of fashion - does one fight against it (look at that pillock with the STUPIDLY flared drops Ribble with big knobbly tyres, riding on the road), or go with the tide? I find myself being a bit of a snob (my 2000 P7 with 700C wheel and front disc conversion sooo trumps you, Ribble-knob!), but only sometimes.
I guess it's because I'll never buy a new bike again that I'm stuck in some distant past, seeking out new 7-speed XT parts (they'll NEVER be beaten!) to keep building and maintaining older bikes that will become ever-more comfortable as age creeps up. Possibly with wider, plumper tyres. Possibly with a more upright stem and comfier bars. Possibly, like a gravel bike! Aaaaargh!

I might put the "inbetweeners " picture on my garage wall as a sage reminder, should my mind ever wander again! Cheers guys.....interesting thoughts as always.

Whatever you do TR, don't overlook critical items like gravel-specific footwear:

LOL. What a load of old pony! But, when you think about it, are we all buying in, to some degree, to the‘tech innovation’ BS, just through being interested in bikes? Even if it’s only V brakes over cantis or whatever…

SPD only shoes. I wonder where I could find that on the market.......... oh yer, MTB shoes, but if only there was a discipline where light weight shoes were the name of the game..... oh yer XC. but but but but. nope, I have nothing to add.

I'm unacceptable, my bike has keos on it, oh my god, a road cleat on a "gravel bike" what an idiot. :)

I need a gravel saddle for sure.

Next year Parix Roubaix ... road bicycles. They are crazy, they don´t even wear gravel shoes.

PD: Head angles first 73, now they are in 72, some in 71 even 70º. Next step ... front suspension with perhaps 40-50mm Do you remember the first susp in MTB? Next a bit more ... and more ... a MTB. 🤣
SDI0994-1024x576.jpg

Last edited:
Back