Here it is in all its oily glory, like I said yours for postage if you want it

Attachments

• AAFA9637-1358-4688-B9D2-6419C58B0C7C.jpeg
    AAFA9637-1358-4688-B9D2-6419C58B0C7C.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • E3ABED35-0105-4105-8035-DCD3CD7AC2C5.jpeg
    E3ABED35-0105-4105-8035-DCD3CD7AC2C5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,003
The other solution is to crack open 8 or 9 speed cassettes - reuse the 7 speed spacers and harvest the sprockets you need. The sprockets are all the same thickness.

hamster":lodup6ne said:
The other solution is to crack open 8 or 9 speed cassettes - reuse the 7 speed spacers and harvest the sprockets you need. The sprockets are all the same thickness.
Similar thickness, but not the same! see Sheldon Brown spacing data.

Re:

If the OP still wants one, I’ve just removed a very low wear Shimano close ratio cassette - will check size later if it’s still wanted.

fastpedaller":3n5wpnxt said:
hamster":3n5wpnxt said:

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-spacing.html

7 speed is 1.8mm for 7 and 8s, 1.78mm for 9s.
10 speed is 1.6mm

As 7s uses plastic spacers which compress with tightening then its all within tolerances. The total of 0.12mm difference for the stack height using 9 speed sprockets is not detectable.

OK, to be completely pedantic it's not the same thicknes for 9 speed, but exactly how many microns tolerance do you need?

hamster":dj6tucvf said:
fastpedaller":dj6tucvf said:
hamster":dj6tucvf said:

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/cribsheet-spacing.html

7 speed is 1.8mm for 7 and 8s, 1.78mm for 9s.
10 speed is 1.6mm

As 7s uses plastic spacers which compress with tightening then its all within tolerances. The total of 0.12mm difference for the stack height using 9 speed sprockets is not detectable.

OK, to be completely pedantic it's not the same thickness for 9 speed, but exactly how many microns tolerance do you need?

Enough for a centeron guide pully to not max out, (but hence the name of Shimano's top pulley) Not used in 10sp + setups ??

I have a virtually unused 13-21 7 speed cassette if that is of any interest. It is a hyperglide type. I would accept £15 including postage. Let me know :)

It seems Miche have 'sprocket boards' (as they used to be known)for cassettes- In other words it's possible to get individual miche sprockets for Campag or Shimano freehubs. I guess they won't have HG 'capability' for swift shifting, but that may not be an issue.
I'd certainly like 7 speed cassettes in close ration to be available. 14-20 would do me nicely with my triple on the front. the closest I have are a stock of 13-21 to last me out (need good chains also of course!) There may be many more of us that want 7 speed close ratio? But of course large companies (like Shimano) say "nobody wants them - look we've made no sales" Well........ If you don't have them for sale, that's hardly surprising!

Latest posts

Back