Clothes hangers out of an old rim

adam_c__trials

Dirt Disciple
20230831_182014.jpg 20230831_154654.jpg
I didn't take a very good photo of how I made the hook but oh well. I had a wheel, quite nice, XM317 on Shimano XT, I used it on the back of my jump bike and one too many hop 180s later the rim was all wobbly. I tried to true it but the spokes were already all the wrong tensions so this bent rim was unfortunately toast. I also remembered I didn't have any clothes hangers... Now I have 4! They look ace in my opinion, good bit of recycling/upcycling(?), even made the hooks out of a spoke and a nipple. I need to iron that shirt.

Done the same a few times. Hgood use for a feck rim. I put a lump of wood in the open ends to protect my pretty frocks from damage. 😁🙄

Done the same a few times. Hgood use for a feck rim. I put a lump of wood in the open ends to protect my pretty frocks from damage. 😁🙄
Smart idea that, I might try something similar.. Was going to also try rounding the corners off properly so my lovely M&S shirts don't get snagged:cool:

How annoying, I just binned a load of old tubular rims which would have been perfect for this!

Back